Following the deployment of the Lync 2010 CU4 and the Mobility Service at work, we’d been having issues trying to get any mobile client to work with the service.
I returned to work after the Xmas break today and set about troubleshooting the problem using a link that had come up in one of my RSS feeds whilst on leave. The article I found was from the excellent msunified.net web site by @StaleHansen.
Ståle had produced this article on troubleshooting tips that I was able to follow:
When I got to the step of hitting the mobility service to make sure it was running (URL: https:///mcx/mcxservice.svc) this actually reported that it was starting the service. After this was done, I was able to successfully configure the Lync 2010 mobile client on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.
The link to this excellent article is here: Lync Server Mobility Troubleshooting Tips « msunified.net. I highly recommend reading this article and subscribing to the site to get more updates from Ståle.Back to top
Category: Lync 2010